Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A material in its unprocessed, natural state considered usable for manufacture.
- Petroleum is the raw material refined into various fuels and needed for countless chemicals
- (figuratively) Any input to a factory or other installation which processes it.
- The assembly plant's raw materials are finished parts from Asian suppliers.
material in its unprocessed, natural state
input to an installation which processes is
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.