Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
rectification (plural rectifications)
- The action or process of rectifying.
- the rectification of an error; the rectification of spirits
- De Quincey
- After the rectification of his views, he was incapable of compromise with profounder shapes of error.
- (geometry) The determination of a straight line whose length is equal to a portion of a curve.
- (astronomy) The adjustment of a globe preparatory to the solution of a proposed problem.
rectification f (plural rectifications)