Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA: /rɪˈdjuːst/, X-SAMPA: /rI"dju:st/
- (US) enPR: rĭ-do͞ostʹ, IPA: /rɪˈdust/, X-SAMPA: /rI"dust/ or enPR: rĭ-djo͞ostʹ, IPA: /rɪˈdjust/, X-SAMPA: /rI"djust/
Audio (US) (file)
- simple past tense and past participle of reduce
- Made smaller or less, resulting from reduction.
- Reduced, lowered in price; on sale, at discount price
- Real bargains: these precious books are reduced at half price!
- In cookery, of a sauce etc., made more concentrated.
- chicken served with a reduced red wine sauce.
made smaller, less
of a sauce, made more concentrated
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.