Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- That cools or freezes; allaying heat or fever.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Francis Bacon to this entry?)
refrigerant (plural refrigerants)
- A substance used in a heat cycle that undergoes a phase change between gas and liquid to allow the cooling, as in refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.
- That which makes cool or cold, such as a medicine for allaying the symptoms of fever.
- A refrigerant to passion. — Blair.
- Present participle of refrigerar.
- third-person plural present active indicative of rēfrīgerō