Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- IPA: /rəˈʒim/, /ˈreɪʒim/
regime (plural regimes)
- Mode of rule or management
- A form of government, or the government in power (as in a socialist regime)
- A period of rule
- A regulated system; a regimen
- (hydrology) A set of characteristics
- A typical annual water level regime would include a gradual summer drawdown beginning in early May.
Usage notes 
- This word is often used as a pejorative.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
mode of rule or management
form of government
period of rule
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- regime in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- regime in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
From Latin regimen.
regime m (plural regimi)