Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive) To rework old material (physical material, ideas, documents etc), redo some work, with some variations.
- Today's parliamentary session only rehashed last week's arguments.
- The CEO of the company only rehashed a speech for the news conference.
- The general rehashed plans for the war.
- (transitive, computing) To recompute the structure of a hash table, taking into account any newly added items.
to rework old material, redo some work, with some variations
rehash (plural rehashes)
- Something reworked, or made up from old materials.
- He wrote a bad rehash of an earlier essay.
- (computing) A recomputation of the structure of a hash table, taking into account any newly added items.