Singularized plural of *rendë, related to krandë, and close to Proto-Germanic *hrandijaną (“to tear”) (cf. English rend). A borrowing from a Germanic source (East Germanic) is not excluded.
rende f (indefinite plural rende, definite singular rendeja, definite plural rendet)
From Old Norse renna.
rende c (singular definite renden, plural indefinite render)
- drain, trough
- ditch, furrow
- channel (for ships)
rende (imperative rend, infinitive at rende, present tense render, past tense rendte, past participle er/har rendt)
- singular past indicative and subjunctive of rennen
- first-person singular present subjunctive of rendre
- third-person singular present subjunctive of rendre
- third-person singular present indicative of rendere
- First-person singular (eu) present subjunctive of rendar
- Third-person singular (ele, ela, also used with tu and você?) present subjunctive of rendar
- Third-person singular (você) affirmative imperative of rendar
- Third-person singular (você) negative imperative of rendar