Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (countable) A meal.
- From dance to sweet repast they turn.
- 1908, Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows
- When at last they were thoroughly toasted, the Badger summoned them to the table, where he had been busy laying a repast.
- 2010, Pseudonymous Bosch, This Isn't What It Looks Like
- "'Tis true, tonight I ate my last of the royal repast."
- (uncountable) The food eaten at a meal.
- Go and get me some repast.
- (obsolete, transitive) To supply food to; to feast.
- Repast them with my blood.
- (obsolete, intransitive) To take food.
- He then, also, as before, left arbitrary the dieting and repasting of our minds.
- a meal