Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I reply, answer, respond.
- (figuratively) I measure up.
- I am present, I appear, attend; meet or answer (a charge).
- (of a sound) I re-echo, resound.
- I meet, agree, accord or correspond with, conform to.
- I make a return, yield.
- The passive voice is limited to third-person singular forms.
Conjugation of respondeo (second conjugation, active only)
- respondeo in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879