Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (law) A process of compensation for losses.
- The act of making good or compensating for loss or injury.
- A restitution of ancient rights unto the crown.
- He restitution to the value makes.
- A return or restoration to a previous condition or position.
- the restitution of an elastic body
- 2011, Evangelos Tsotsas; Arun S. Mujumdar, Modern Drying Technology, Experimental Techniques - Page 314:
- The force–displacement curve of perfectly plastic contact partners does not show elastic restitution.
- That which is offered or given in return for what has been lost, injured, or destroyed; compensation.
- (medicine) The movement of rotation which usually occurs in childbirth after the head has been delivered, and which causes the latter to point towards the side to which it was directed at the beginning of labour.
legal: process of compensation for losses
act of making good or compensating for loss or injury