Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Not allowing or affording rest.
- The night before his wedding was a restless one.
- Without rest; unable to be still or quiet; uneasy; continually moving.
- He was a restless child.
- She sat, restless and nervous, and tried to concentrate.
- Not satisfied to be at rest or in peace; averse to repose; eager for change; discontented.
- A restless ambition.
- Deprived of rest or sleep.
- They remained restless, sitting by the window the entire night.
Derived terms 
not allowing or affording rest
unable to be still or quiet
not satisfied to be at rest or peace
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- restless in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- restless in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913