Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (intransitive) To come once again to the surface
- His body finally resurfaced after three years underwater.
- (transitive) To provide a new surface, to replace or remodel the surface of something, or to restore a surface. To put a new coating or finish on a surface.
- A zamboni is a big machine that resurfaces ice at a rink so it is smooth as glass for the skaters.
- (intransitive) To arise or become evident again. To re-occur or reappear.
- (transitive, rare) To make something reappear.
1991 Fall, Vigen Guroian, “Armenian genocide and Christian existence.”, Cross Currents, volume 41, number 3, page 3322:
- Tourian's poem exhibits a central strand of the Catholic tradition which has been suppressed in Armenian religious life but needs to be resurfaced.
- (of a person) To come out of hiding or obscurity.