Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (RP) IPA(key): /ˈrɛt.ɪ.njuː/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈrɛtɪnuː/, /ˈrɛtɪnjuː/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
retinue (plural retinues)
- A group of servants or attendants, especially of someone considered important.
- the queen’s retinues
- 12 July 2012, Sam Adams, AV Club Ice Age: Continental Drift
- Preceded by a Simpsons short shot in 3-D—perhaps the only thing more superfluous than a fourth Ice Age movie—Ice Age: Continental Drift finds a retinue of vaguely contemporaneous animals coping with life in the post-Pangaea age.
- (obsolete) A service relationship.
group of servants