Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
rictus (plural rictuses)
- 1990 - Voivod, Nothingface
- Valves plugs pumps to erase/ rictus from my face.
- 1993 – Wolfenstein 3D, Episode 3, Level 9, after defeating Hitler
- The absolute incarnation of evil, Adolf Hitler, lies at your feet in a pool of his own blood. His wrinkled, crimson-splattered visage still strains, a jagged-toothed rictus trying to cry out. Insane even in death. Your lips pinched in bitter victory, you kick his head off his remains and spit on his corpse.
- 2001 — Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl, p 56
- It squinted at her through the hated light, its brow a rictus of pain and fear.
- 2008 — Sean Williams, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, p 81
- The apprentice watched his Master, pain twisting his features into a rictus.
rictus m (plural rictus)