Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Obsolete spelling of saol.
after "an", tsaoghal
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- world, universe, earth
- air feadh an t-saoghail - throughout the world
- Càit air an t-saoghal an robh sibh? - Where on earth were you?
- life, lifetime
- fad do shaoghail - during your lifetime
- Ma gheibh mi saoghal, nì mi mo dhìcheall a bhith nam dhuine math. - If I survive, I’ll try to be a good person.
- (dated) age, generation
- droch shaoghal - bad times
- (dated) means, subsistence, riches, occupation