Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -æʃ
sash (plural sashes)
- A decorative length of cloth worn as a broad belt or over the shoulder, often for ceremonial or other formal occasions.
- The opening part of a window usually containing the glass panes, hinged to the jamb, or sliding up and down as in a sash window.
- (software, graphical user interface) A draggable vertical or horizontal bar used to adjust the relative sizes of two adjacent windows.
- In a sawmill, the rectangular frame in which the saw is strained and by which it is carried up and down with a reciprocating motion; the gate.
decorative length of cloth
opening part of a window
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.