Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- of or born under Saturn's influence
- containing lead, or suffering from lead poisoning (saturnia)
- having a tendency to be gloomy, bitter, and sarcastic; sullenly sardonic
- gloomy, depressed, dull
- cold and slow to change and react (refers to mood)
Derived terms 
gloomy, depressed, dull
- 1770, Nicholas Culpeper, The English physician enlarged., page 167
- "But Henbane delights most to grow in Saturnine Places, and whole Cart-Loads of it may be found near the Places where they empty the common Jacks, and scarce a Ditch can be found without it growing by it. Ergo, it is an Herb of Saturn."
- 1793, John Whitehead, The life of the Rev. John Wesley, M.A, page 550
- "But Dr. Johnson would certainly not have expressed himself in this strong language of approbation, had Mr. Wesley been that dark, saturnine creature, represented by Archbishop Herring."
- feminine form of saturnin
saturnine f pl
- feminine plural of saturnino