Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Scholastic
scholastic (plural scholastics)
- (philosophy) a member of the medieval philosophical school of scholasticism; a medieval Christian Aristotelian
- Of or relating to school; academic
- This award is for the greatest scholastic achievement by a graduating student.
- (philosophy) Of or relating to the philosophical tradition of scholasticism
- (Can we find and add a quotation of John Locke to this entry?)
- Characterized by excessive subtilty, or needlessly minute subdivisions; pedantic; formal.