Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
scissorbill (plural scissorbills)
- The black skimmer (Rynchops niger) bird native to the Atlantic states, USA.
- (US) Someone considered contemptible or foolish.
- (US) An Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) and railroad term for someone who refused to join the union or who openly colluded with management to thwart the union.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Scissorbill, in Dictionary of American Regional English
by Joan Houston Hall. Harvard University Press: 2002, Page 786.