Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) A source of persistent trouble such as pestilence that causes pain and suffering or widespread destruction
- Graffiti is the scourge of building owners everywhere.
- A means to inflict such pain or destruction
- A whip often of leather.
- He flogged him with a scourge.
a persistent pest, illness, or source of trouble
a whip often of leather
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Hebrew: פגע
- To strike with a scourge, to flog.
to strike with a scourge