Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
scraper (plural scrapers)
- An instrument with which anything is scraped.
- An instrument by which the soles of shoes are cleaned from mud and the like, by drawing them across it.
- An instrument drawn by oxen or horses, similar to a plow, that is used for scraping up earth in making or repairing roads, digging cellars, building canals, etc.
- An instrument having two or three sharp sides or edges for cleaning the planks, masts, or decks of a ship.
- In the printing press, a board or blade, the edge of which is made to rub over the tympan sheet, thus producing an impression.
- One who scrapes horns.
- One who plays awkwardly on a violin.
- One who acquires avariciously and saves penuriously.
an instrument by which anything is scraped