Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
script (plural scripts)
- (countable, obsolete) A writing; a written document.
- Written characters; style of writing.
- (typography) Type made in imitation of handwriting.
- (countable, law) An original instrument or document.
- (countable) The written document containing the dialogue and action for a drama; the text of a stage play, movie, or other performance. Especially, the final form used for the performance itself.
- (computing) A file containing a list of user commands, allowing them to be invoked once to execute in sequence.
- (linguistics) A system of writing adapted to a particular language or set of languages.
- An abbreviation for a prescription.
- (Writing): manuscript, handwriting, cursive, hand
- (Typography): cursive type, typeface, face, or font
- (Computing): macro, shell script, batch file
- (Linguistics): writing system, language script
writing; written document
written characters, style of writing
(law) an original instrument or document
text of the dialogue and action for a drama
procedure or program in computing
a system of writing
- (transitive) to make or write a script
script m (plural scripts)