Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Diligent in application or pursuit; constant, steady, and persevering in business or in endeavors to effect an object; steadily industrious; assiduous.
- the sedulous bee
- 2001 Pollan, Michael, The Botany of Desire, Random House, New York, page 135:
- With the right equipment, an indoor grower could create a utopia for his plants, an artificial habitat more perfect than any in nature, [...]. These sedulous attentions would be wasted on male plants, which are worse than useless in sinsemilla production.
- 2010 Paul Routledge, Daily Mirror, 9 March 2010 :
- The Scots have always been a fiercely independent people, but it surprised me how far this sedulous process of separation has gone already.
- See also Wikisaurus:industrious
persevering in business or in endeavors