Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To move smoothly from one state or subject to another.
- I can tell she’s going to segue from our conversation about school to the topic of marriage.
- (music) To make a smooth transition from one theme to another.
- Beethoven’s symphonies effortlessly segue from one theme to the next.
- (of a disk jockey) To play a sequence of records with no talk between them.
to move smoothly from one topic to another
to play a sequence of records without talking in between
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
segue (plural segues)
an instance of segueing, a transition
- third-person singular indicative present of seguire
- (Portugal) IPA(key): /ˈsɛ.ɣɨ/, /ˈsɛ.ɡɨ/
- (Brazil) IPA(key): /ˈsɛ.ɡi/
- (South Brazil) IPA(key): /ˈsɛ.ɡe/
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) present indicative of seguir
- second-person singular (tu) affirmative imperative of seguir
- first-person singular (eu) present subjunctive of segar
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) present subjunctive of segar
- third-person singular (você) affirmative imperative of segar
- third-person singular (você) negative imperative of segar