Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Pertaining to or occurring in late summer.
- The serotinal orange moon signaled the beginning of autumn
- 1983, Philip K. Jason, Near the Fire, Dryad Press, p. 67
- the night condenses into me, allays the bonds of my serotinal blight.
- Count Dracula and I share in this flight:
- we seek moist shadows underneath the quays,
- in marrow-darkness bid our bodies twist.
- 1986, Acta Entomologica Bohemoslovaca, Publishing House of the Academy, vol. 83, p. 114
- In these population dynamic trends obvious differences exist between the aestival and serotinal aspects.
- 1995, Robert J. Whelan, The Ecology of Fire, Cambridge University Press, p. 96