Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Present participle of shadow.
shadowing (plural shadowings)
- The effect of being shadowed (in the sense of blocked), as from a light source or radio transmission.
- Speech shadowing is when an individual repeats speech as they hear it immediately without delay (usually through earphones).
- (espionage) Secretly or discreetly tracking or following someone, keeping under surveillance.
- A faint representation; an adumbration.
- There are […] in savage theology shadowings, quaint or majestic, of the conception of a Supreme Deity. — Tylor.
the effect of being shadowed, as from a light source or radio transmission