Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
shampoo (plural shampoos)
- A traditional Indian and Persian body massage given after pouring warm water over the body and rubbing it with extracts from herbs.
- A commercial liquid soap product for washing hair or other fibres/fibers, such as carpets.
- An instance of washing the hair or other fibres with shampoo.
- I’m going to give the carpet a shampoo.
- (humorous, slang) Champagne (wine).
product for washing the hair or other fibres
instance of washing the hair with shampoo
humorous slang: champagne
- (intransitive) To wash one's own hair with shampoo.
- My neat-freak of a friend has been compulsively shampooing for every bath he has taken.
- (transitive) To wash (i.e. the hair, carpet, etc.) with shampoo.
- (transitive) To press or knead the whole surface of the body of (a person), and at the same time to stretch the limbs and joints, in connection with the hot bath.
to wash hair with shampoo
to wash (the hair, carpet, etc.) with shampoo
- shampoo (product for washing hair)
- Alternative form of sampoo.
Declension of shampoo (type filee)
shampoo m (invariable)
- shampoo (detergent, washing of hair with such detergent)