shed light on
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- shed light upon
- shed light
- To illuminate; to make clear.
- The new instruments will shed some light on the history of these rocks.
- There was another noticeable circumstance that shed light on human nature and Grim's knowledge of it.
2013 September-October, Katie L. Burke, “In the News”, American Scientist:
- Oxygen levels on Earth skyrocketed 2.4 billion years ago, when cyanobacteria evolved photosynthesis: […] . The evolutionary precursor of photosynthesis is still under debate, and a new study sheds light. The critical component of the photosynthetic system is the “water-oxidizing complex”, made up of manganese atoms and a calcium atom.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked