- Rhymes: -ɛdɪŋ
- Present participle of shed.
shedding (plural sheddings)
- The act of shedding, separating, or casting off.
- the sheddings of blood under the Old Testament
- That which is shed, or cast off.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Wordsworth to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.