Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɪti
- (vulgar, colloquial) Very bad; unpleasant; miserable; insignificant.
- The television I bought there was so shitty that I will never shop there again.
- I'm feeling shitty today; I don't want to go out.
- 1988 November, Byron Coley, Underground, Spin, page 101,
- It's a well-known fact that reading is about the shittiest thing you can do for your eyes.
- 2006, Everett True, Nirvana: The True Story, 2009, unnumbered page,
- The difference is they usually have a shittier singer, and no originality.
- 2011, Rik Leaf, Four Homeless Millionaires, page 134,
- Halfway there we turned off the highway onto possibly the shittiest gravel road I have ever driven. In Canada, we would call it washboard; in Australia they call it corrugated, but you get the point.
- (US, vulgar, slang, not comparable) Under the influence of illicit drugs or alcohol; drunk; high.
- (UK, Australia, New Zealand, vulgar, slang) Annoyed.
- Don't get shitty at me!
- (vulgar) Covered in crap (faeces/feces).
very bad; unpleasant; miserable; insignificant