signifer (not comparable)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- sign-bearing, image-bearing,
- bearing the heavenly signs or constellations, starry
- (substantive) the sky, heavens
- (substantive) a standard-bearer, sign-bearer, ensign
- "sed signifer sanctus Michael repraesentet eas in lucem sanctam." (But may the sign-bearer, Saint Michael, lead them into the holy light)
- (substantive) leader, head, chief