Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
skillet (plural skillets)
- (US) A pan for frying, generally large and heavy.
- Heat some oil in a cast-iron skillet and add the onions.
- (US) A dish or meal cooked in such a pan.
- This is an easy skillet with potatoes and bacon.
- (US, as a modifier) Cooked in a skillet.
- Can you make up a quick skillet hash?
pan for frying
- (pan for frying): frying pan (UK, US)
Usage notes 
Although somewhat common, skillet is less common than frying pan in American English. It is not likely to be recognized in British English, where the term frying pan is used alone.