Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -aɪdə(r)
slider (plural sliders)
- Agent noun of slide: one who slides.
- (baseball) A pitch thrown with added pressure by middle and ring fingers yielding a combination of backspin and sidespin, resulting in a motion to the left when thrown by a right handed pitcher.
- The closer had a wicked slider that was almost unhittable.
- (cricket) A similar delivery in which the wrist and ring finger work to impart backspin to the ball.
- A small hamburger.
- We ordered five sliders.
- (curling) A piece of teflon or similar material attached to a curling shoe that allows the player to slide along the ice.
- (graphical user interface) A widget allowing the user to select a value or position on a sliding scale.
- (US, dialect) Pseudemys rugosa, the red-bellied terrapin.
- (small hamburger): minihamburger
(curlingslider) a piece of teflon or similar material attached to a curling shoe
(softwareslider, graphical user interfaceCategory:en:Graphical user interface) a widget allowing the user to select a value or position
See also 
- cut fastball
- two-seam fastball
- split finger fastball