Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
snare (plural snares)
- A trap made from a loop of wire, string, or leather.
- (rare) A mental or psychological trap; usually in the phrase a snare and a delusion.
- (veterinary) A loop of cord used in obstetric cases, to hold or to pull a fetus from the mother animal.
- (music) A set of chains strung across the bottom of a drum to create a rattling sound.
- (music) A snare drum.
veterinary: obstetric loop
- to catch or hold, especially with a loop.
- Lest that too heavenly form […] snare them.
- The mournful crocodile / With sorrow snares relenting passengers.
to catch or hold, especially with a loop
Related terms 
- absolute definite natural masculine form of snar.