Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Tending to socialize or be social; friendly; inviting; congenial.
- He's normally pretty quiet, but he gets much more sociable around women.
- Society is no comfort to one not sociable.
- Offering opportunities for conversation; characterized by much conversation.
- a sociable party
- (archaic) Capable of being, or fit to be, united in one body or company; associable.
- They are sociable parts united into one body.
- (obsolete) No longer hostile; friendly.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Beaumont and Fletcher to this entry?)