Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Disposed to solicit; eager to obtain something desirable, or to avoid anything evil; concerned; anxious; careful.
- Solicitous of my reputation. -John Dryden.
- He was solicitous for his advice. -Edward Hyde Clarendon.
- Enjoy the present, whatsoever it be, and be not solicitous about the future. - Jeremy Taylor.
- The colonel had been intent upon other things, and not enough solicitous to finish the fortifications. -Edward Hyde Clarendon.
- Anxious or concerned (usually followed by about, for, etc., or a clause): solicitous about a person's health.