Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
From the French soupçon.
- IPA: /susɒn/
soupçon (plural soupçons)
- A very small amount; a hint; a trace.
- Add a soupçon of red pepper. Coffee with a soupçon of cognac.
- No one is so depraved that a soupçon of goodness cannot be found in him.
- (dated) A suspicion; a suggestion.
- I have the soupçon that he is a good deal of a charlatan.
- (small amount): see also Wikisaurus:modicum.
very small amount — see modicum
suspicion, suggestion — see suspicion
- “soupçon” at Wordnik
soupçon m (plural soupçons)
Related terms 
- English: soupçon