Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪd
splade (plural splades)
- A spork that is sharp along on one or both edges, enabling it to be used as a knife, a fork and a spoon.
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 2000, Chris Holden, Nutrition and Child Health 
- ◆ small, flat soft plastic spoons
- ◆ use of a ‘splade’ instead of a fork
- ◆ cutlery with a large soft handle for easier grip
- 2002, Morven F Ball, Developmental Coordination Disorder 
- A splade (see Figure 7.2) can be used if there is a problem with coordinating a knife and fork.
- 2003, Stephen Downes, Advanced Australian Fare 
- At even the best dinner parties a splade (an implement combining a spoon, a fork, and a blunt blade) was used to load the food from lap to lip.