Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)tɪŋ
- Present participle of sport.
- (not comparable) Pertaining to sports
- He got a job in a sporting goods store.
- (comparable) Exhibiting sportsmanship.
- Quite sporting of you to call that foul on yourself.
- (comparable) Having a reasonable chance of success.
- A sporting chance? I wouldn't call even him a long-shot?
- (comparable) Fair, generous; resilient, ‘game’.
- It was very sporting of her to let us off like that.
having a reasonable chance of success