squab (plural squabs)
- A baby pigeon or dove.
- The meat of a squab (i.e. a young (domestic) pigeon or dove) used as food.
- A baby rook.
- A thick cushion, especially a flat one covering the seat of a chair or sofa.
- (baby pigeon): piper, squeaker, pigeon chick, young pigeon, baby dove
- (baby rook): rook chick, young rook
- (obsolete) To fall plump; to strike at one dash, or with a heavy stroke.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.