Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1989, Richard Curtis and Ben Elton, Blackadder Goes Forth (episode "Goodbyeee"):
- Not a favourite son, of course — Lord, no! — more a sort of illegitimate backstairs sort of sprog, you know: a sort of spotty squit that nobody really likes.
- (transitive, Internet) To disconnect (an IRC server) from a network.
- 1994, "Bernhard Lorenz", ChanOp for Irc Opers (on newsgroup alt.irc)
- 1996, "Jesse", A warning to all irc users (on newsgroup alt.irc)
- Today, I was awakened by a call from one of my IRC ops, telling me that my net had been 'taken over'. An ircop had squitted all the servers, and had a script that kept them disconnected from the net.