Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
statue (plural statues)
- A three-dimensional work of art, usually representing a person or animal, usually created by sculpting, carving, molding, or casting.
- I will raise her statue in pure gold.
- (dated) A portrait.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Massinger to this entry?)
three-dimensional work of art
- (transitive) To form a statue of; to make into a statue.
- The whole man becomes as if statued into stone and earth.
statue f (plural statues)
- plural form of
- second-person singular present active imperative of statuō