Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
stuttering (plural stutterings)
- A speech disorder in which the flow of speech is disrupted by involuntary repetitions and prolongations of sounds, syllables, words or phrases, and by involuntary silent pauses or blocks in which the stutterer is unable to produce sounds.
- An instance of stuttering.
a speech disorder
instance of stuttering
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Present participle of stutter.
- That stutters.
- (figuratively) Hesitant.
2010 December 29, Chris Whyatt, “Chelsea 1 - 0 Bolton”, BBC:
- Relieved Chelsea halted their worst run of form since 1999 as a stuttering victory over Bolton gave the champions a first league win in seven matches