Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Able to be submerged.
submersible (plural submersibles)
- (UK) A small nonmilitary, non-nuclear submarine for exploration.
- (UK) A retroactive term used for non-nuclear submarines; nuclear submarines are termed "true submarines".
- (UK) A term used primarily by some navies for nuclear submarines, termed "true submersibles", because they cannot retroactively declare that their non-nuclear submarines should be called by a different name.
- (US) A very small "baby" submarine designed for specific localized missions, usually while tethered to a submarine or ship for life support and communications. Slang synonyms: midget-submarine, anchor.
small nonmilitary, non-nuclear submarine for exploration
very small submarine designed for specific localized missions and usually tethered
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
submersible (masculine and feminine, plural submersibles)
submersible m (plural submersibles)