Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Suffix
suffix (plural suffixes)
- One or more letters or sounds added at the end of a word to modify the word's meaning.
- The suffix "-able" changes "sing" into "singable".
- (mathematics) A subscript.
- The plural suffices occasionally appears (including in one educational publication), but it is not a standard Latin plural.
- (types of affixes): adfix, affix, ambifix, circumfix, confix, infix, interfix, postfix, prefix, suprafix
letters or sounds added at the end of a word to modify the word's meaning
append (something) to the end of something else