Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (countable) Something suggested (with subsequent adposition being for)
- I have a small suggestion for fixing this: try lifting the left side up a bit.
- Traffic signs seem to be more of a suggestion than an order.
- (uncountable) The act of suggesting.
- Suggestion often works better than explicit demand.
- (countable, psychology) Something implied, which the mind is liable to take as fact.
- He's somehow picked up the suggestion that I like peanuts.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
act of suggestion
(psychology) something implied
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Genitive singular form of suggestio.
suggestion f (plural suggestions)