Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /sʌˈsɛptɪbəl/
- likely to be affected by something
- He was susceptible to minor ailments.
- easily influenced or tricked; credulous
- (medicine) especially sensitive, especially to a stimulus
- that, when subjected to a specific operation, will yield a specific result
- Rational numbers are susceptible of description as quotients of two integers.
- A properly prepared surface is susceptible of an enduring paint job.
likely to be affected by
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
susceptible (plural susceptibles)
- (epidemiology) A person who is vulnerable to being infected by a certain disease
susceptible (masculine and feminine, plural susceptibles)
susceptible m and f (plural susceptibles)