Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See Usage notes
- (Northern England) The. (Used in Yorkshire and some areas of Lancashire)
- Before a vowel, t' is usually written and pronounced as if appended to the following word.
- In He can't make up his mind if he wants one or t'other (= He can't make up his mind if he wants one or the other) t'other is pronounced as if spelled "tother". Sometimes it is pronounced as a glottal stop.
- Before a consonant, t' is pronounced as a glottal stop following the preceding word.
- In I'm going down t' road to see me mam ( = I'm going down the road to see my mother), down t' is pronounced as down followed by a glottal stop.
- Contraction of et.
Catalan personal pronouns and clitics
- Clitic form of te.
- Je t’ai vu - I saw you.
- (slang) Proclitic form of tu.
- T’as vu mon frère ? - You've seen my brother?
French personal pronouns
|Singular||First||—||je, j’||me, m’||—||—||moi|
|Second||—||tu, t’||te, t’||—||—||toi|
|Third||Masculine||il||se, s’||le, l’||lui||y||en||lui|
- Contraction of te.