- teale (obsolete)
From Middle English tele, probably from an unrecorded Old English word *tǣle, cognate with West Frisian tjilling (“teal”), Middle Dutch teling ("teal"; Modern Dutch taling), Middle Low German telink, from Proto-Germanic *tailijaz. As the name of a shade of dark greenish-blue like the color patterns on the fowl's head and wings, it is attested from 1923.
- Rhymes: -iːl
teal (plural teals)
- Any of various small freshwater ducks of the genus Anas that are brightly coloured and have short necks.
- A dark, somewhat bluish-green colour; a dark cyan.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Having a bluish-green colour
- (blues) blue; Alice blue, aqua, aquamarine, azure, baby blue, beryl, bice, bice blue, blue green, blue violet, blueberry, cadet blue, Cambridge blue, cerulean, cobalt blue, Copenhagen blue, cornflower, cornflower blue, cyan, duck-egg blue, eggshell blue, electric-blue, gentian blue, ice blue, lapis lazuli, lovat, mazarine, midnight blue, navy, Nile blue, Oxford blue, peacock blue, petrol blue, powder blue, Prussian blue, robin's-egg blue, royal blue, sapphire, saxe blue, slate blue, sky blue, teal, turquoise, ultramarine, Wedgwood blue, zaffre (Category: en:Blues)