Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
tenderpreneur (plural tenderpreneurs)
- (slang, South Africa) A government official or politician who uses their powers and influence to secure government tenders and contracts.
2010 Wednesday, November 10, Pratish Mistry, “Why Julius Malema is important to the ANC”, NewsTime:
- No doubt you’re tired of reading about his colourful escapades – about his glamorous home, his allegedly dodgy tenderpreneur deals, his gushing praise of malevolent dictators, or his soundly articulated international economic policy.
2010 24 October, “As Hawks fail us crooks plot anew”, Sunday World (Sputh Africa):
- If anything, the decision represents an important victory to both emerging and accomplished tenderpreneurs who have undoubtedly distinguished themselves in clandestine plundering of state resources.
- 2010. Blade Nzimande. Blade: Make all tenders public., Times LIVE. 6 Jan. 2010:
- Let's be bold, let's go and promote small entrepreneurs and defeat tenderpreneurs, those who steal."
2010, Hayibo.com, Red Card, The: The Best of Hayibo.com 2009/2010, page 119:
- Tenderpreneur Julius Malema says he is not a hypocrite for publicly condemning personal enrichment while allegedly privately enriching himself, saying that there is no word for 'hypocrite' in the Pedi dictionary.
- The Star (newspaper) How Malema made his millions, 21 Feb. 2010.